Traditions

I am enjoying another beautiful festive season with my children here in South Africa.

Having grown up in Denmark and being used to coooooold weather during christmas time it has been quite a challenge to get into the mood and feel of christmas when it is 30 degrees C and you live right off the beach : )

For my family Christmas has always been more of a tradition (not religious) - a truly wonderful one in so many ways. And also at times a bit hectic with all of the preparations. I have however discovered, as we came here to South Africa, that it was okay to have a look at 'the tradition' and allow a few changes. I hadn't really noticed before coming here that it was overdue.... I was up for a real treat!

One of the most remarkable things about 'the change' is that the festive season - our christmas - has become a time of sharing and caring. We love simplicity and there is absolutely nothing hectic about it anymore. It is calm, peaceful and filled with love and harmony. Instead of focusing on a truck load of gifts on one specific day we focus on gifting each other every single day! It is the little things that count! The blessings that have no currency. Each day is a celebration of life and unity... FAMILY!

Today Nathalie and I got our christmas boxes out, we decorated our tree, listened to christmas carols and all three of us watched our favorite christmas movie.... aaaaah I LOVED IT!!!!

Let this time be a reminder of what really truly matters... it is the time and the moments we share and care!

Share a SMILE,
Touch a HEART!

IN GRATITUDE
Karina