MUGGED... Nobody can rob our hearts!

The path of community building is such a beautiful one and at times also VERY challenging. Our dear team member and facilitator Farouk Ulueme has been mugged twice in the Nyanga Township on his way to session/workshop.

The last incident was on this very last day of the year. He shared with us all: "I feel so terrified, so fearful and vulnerable. Once again I was attacked by street gangs in the Nyanga township on my way to facilitate the responsible individual session with the youth community builders. Why have I attracted this I do not know. But I feel I desire some moments of silence so as to connect with the peace within me."

Even in this time of great challenge he looks for the gift: "My journey is so unique. I am so grateful. Am allowed to be vulnerable. For in my vulnerability lies my greatest strength."

The incidents are also gifting me and the team with a reminder of how important our work is in the townships, how important it is to plant the seed of LOVE and to inspire LOVE by our own living example.I am so grateful that Farouk was left unharmed. We are NOT giving up! Nobody can rob our hearts!

Let us join hands and walk UNITED... for a greener, healthier and SAFER South Africa!

In Gratitude
Karina