Judge Deon Van Zyl, An Attitude of Gratitude, Transparency and Clarity

I started my day in Judge Deon Van Zyl's office. He is the inspecting Judge of Prisons.

The meeting was truly enriching. Knocking on doors, connecting with inspiring people, exploring new ideas, gaining more knowledge and learning/listening is essential in community development (also inside prisons). When I grow and expand myself - all programmes and processes can grow and expand. The Judge himself is highly dedicated to community work, he has a BIG HEART and what I really took with me from the meeting: An Attitude of Gratitude!

The Judge opened a few more doors for me to network and invite in people to assist The SmilingOne Foundation. We can do so much MORE when we do it TOGETHER!

The rest of the day I prepared for Wednesday's Certificate Ceremony in Brandvlei Youth Centre where 7 Juvenile's are ready for Graduation of PART 1 of THE RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUAL (more details tomorrow)....

AND I made preparations for the last reports for 2010 in all prison processes. All sharing from every single participant (clients, coaches, students) is prepared in three copies... one for DCS, one for the coach/student/client and one for SmilingOne. What I have found to be one of the keys in our community development programmes is the reports we do every quarter... It ensures transparency/clarity for all involved parties and it inspires new ideas and approaches in the processes. All reports are availed on our website to be viewed.

It has been the work with DCS that has taught and inspired us in our reporting process. I am deeply grateful for the learning which I take with me in all other processes outside prison.

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

IN GRATITUDE
Karina