Community Builder Workshop in the Nyanga Township

Saturday morning I spend in the Nyanga Township with our Youth Community Builders. It was a STUNNING session. We looked at: "What am I grateful for, what are my challenges, where do I see myself in the team in 2011 and what can I contribute with... "


The CIRCLE OF CHANGE that we activated in July 2010 is shaping step by step. The Youth Community Builders have shown great commitment - both to themselves and their community. They will soon be up for their first certificate on the journey of THE RESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUAL. I am sure that we will have the first ones starting the coach educational training within the first six months.


What is of great importance to us at SmilingOne is sustainability. Everything we bring to a community must be able to stay there and be nurtured from the inside. This is why the coach educational training is of great importance. Within a period of two years the community will be equipped to run the CIRCLE OF CHANGE by themselves - of course still in partnership with us.

I look forward to a year of great achievement in Nyanga. The platform we have established has created openness, trust and commitment in the group. This will take us to new heights!


IN GRATITUDE
Karina