'This is how I feel' - Another day in Prison

Today I had some amazing and very intense sessions in Goodwood Medium Prison. 33 guys were in the circles of sharing. There were 20 in the morning session: divided into three groups and 13 in the mid day session divided into two groups. Meeghan facilitates one group, I the other and Welcome (inmate coach student) the third one.

9am-11am: The theme is: Masks, hideouts, control, survival mode vs. being who I really am, allowing my vulnerability, walking my journey with integrity. Amazing session where the biggest challenge was turned into an opportunity for learning and growth.

11am - 1pm: I am amazed by the openness and the willingness of the guys to share with everyone else in the group. It resulted in deep deep sharing and a very emotional and tearful session today. This is an essential part of the healing processing - allowing ourselves to FEEL and acknowledging 'this IS how I feel'. As we get to know ourselves better we also begin to understand our values in life (the tools in our toolbox), what they truly mean to us and how they can assist us to be who we really want to be.


IN GRATITUDE
Karina